Diamond Sūtra 《金剛般若波羅蜜經》
The popular translation of this sūtra Kumārajīva with English commentary
- Full Chinese and English text of the Sūtra based on the translation by Kumārajīva.
- Introduction to the English commentary on the Diamond Sūtra
- The convocation of the assembly 法會因由
- Subhuti Makes a Request 善現啟請
- The true way of the Great Vehicle 大乘正宗
- The wondrous practice of non-abiding 妙行無住分
- The principle of true perception 如理實見分
- The rarity of true belief 正信希有分
- No obtaining, no expounding 無得無說分
- Emerging from the Dharma 依法出生分
- The appearance without appearance 一相無相分
- The adornment of pure lands 莊嚴淨土分
- Unconditioned merits surpass all 無為福勝分
- Venerating the true teachings 尊重正教分
- Receiving and maintaining the Dharma 如法受持分
- Leaving appearances: Nirvāṇa 離相寂滅分
- The merits of maintaining this sūtra 持經功德分
- Able to purify obstructions 能淨業障分
- Ultimately without self 究竟無我分
- Of a single unified perception 一體同觀分
- Pervading the Dharma Realm 法界通分分
- Leaving form, leaving appearance 離色離相分
- No speaking, no dharma to speak 非說所說分
- No dharmas may be grasped 無法可得分
- The virtuous practice of a pure mind 淨心行善分
- The merits of prajñā are incomparable 福智無比分
- Transformations are not transformations 化無所化分
- The Dharmakāya is without appearance 法身非相分
- No severing, no annihilation 無斷無滅分
- Not receiving, not desiring 不受不貪分
- Power and position destroyed in silence 威儀寂淨分
- The principle of the unity of appearances 一合理相分
- Unborn knowing and perceiving 知見不生分
- Transforming the unreal 應化非真分
Colophon金剛般若波羅蜜經 後秦 鳩摩羅什譯 共 1 卷 Diamond Sūtra Translated by Kumārajīva in the Later Qin.
NotesThe Diamond Sūtra, Sanskrit name Vajracchedikāprajñāpāramitāsūtra, was translated to Chinese in 401. (Lancaster, 2004, 'K 13') English translations of the Chinese: Venerable Yifa, M. C. Owens, and P. M. Romaskiewicz, 2006. Vajra Prajnaparamita Sutra. 2nd Ed., Buddha's Ligh Publishing, http://www.woodenfish.org/sutra/texts. Reproduced here with permission.
Primary SourceKumārajīva, trans., 《金剛般若波羅蜜經》 'Diamond Sūtra,' in Taishō shinshū Daizōkyō 《大正新脩大藏經》, in Takakusu Junjiro, ed., (Tokyo: Taishō Shinshū Daizōkyō Kankōkai, 1988), Vol. 8, No. 235, Accessed 2016-07-08, http://tripitaka.cbeta.org/T08n0235.
- Lancaster, L.R., 2004. The Korean Buddhist Canon: A Descriptive Catalogue, http://www.acmuller.net/descriptive_catalogue.