An update to recent changes on this site.
- Added new page Search for Buddhist Terminology supporting searching based on any part of a term.
- Vocabulary update
2019-07-01: Major update:
- Migrated user interface from Material Lite to Material Design Web components
- Added HTTPS. Now it is better to use https://ntireader.org
- Vocabulary update
2019-06-22: Vocabulary update
Fixed a problem with the word frequency analysis for the corpus:
The summary word frequency analysis was broken for some time and is now
restored. Updated the vocabulary for the embedded
Chinese-English dictionary. New numbers are:
Buddhist word senses: 14,503
2019-03-11: Create the group ntireader-announce, a low volume group for announcements.
2018-09-03: Added highlighted snippets to full text search. Renamed 'Advanced Search' to 'Full Text Search.'
2018-08-11: Added a new feature to search text in document bodies, within collections.”
2018-08-05: Added a new feature to search text in document bodies, labelled as “Advanced Search.”
2018/7/15 Updated to a newer HTML interface that allows users to view basic word information within documents via a dialog box in addition to mouse over and clicking a hyperlink to go to a new page. Added new functionality to search by title.
2018/2/13 Recent concentration has been on further increasing vocabulary and improving references for individual terms. The dictionary now contains over 81,000 headwords, including over 12,000 Buddhist terms.
2017/12/25 Recent concentration has been on increasing vocabulary and improving references for individual terms. The dictionary now contains over 69,000 headwords, including over 12,000 Buddhist terms.
2017/11/11 Recorded a presentation on Using the NTI Reader Chinese-English Dictionary - includes more detailed use of the dictionary.
2017/8/20 Recorded a second presentation on Using the NTI Reader Chinese-English Dictionary - includes more detailed use of the dictionary.
2017/8/19 Recorded a presentation on Basic Use of the NTI Reader - includes an introduction, basic use of the Chinese-English dictionary, and navigation of the Chinese Buddhist canon.
2017/5/5 Translation Memory See Using the NTI Reader as a Translation Aid - adds experimental support for a translation aid with a small number of 2-3 word translation units.
2017/3/6 Updated the page See Translation of Chinese Buddhist Texts with the NTI Reader to be more current based on recent experiences with translators and some study on the subject.
2017/2/11 Volumes 1-55 of the Taishō Shinshū Daizōkyō version of the Chinese Buddhist Canon have been added. See Taishō shinshū daizōkyō.
2016/5/22: Overhaul including:
- Word detail pages are now arranged around a headword with word senses enumerated underneath. Occurrences of the words within larger words or phrases are listed. Frequent collocations and concordances ('Usage' section) of the words within the corpus is given. The word detail pages are now HTML with no PHP dependency, for better performance.
- More texts have been added to the corpus, including volumes 1-2 and 5-8 of the Taishō.
- More word entries are now referenced. There is a new page for the Abbreviations used in the word detail page and an expanded list of References.
- New corpus management system with no PHP dependency, also for better perormance.
2015/2/23: Added the record of Yi Jing's travels A Record of the Buddhist Religion: As Practised in India and the Malay Archipelago 南海寄歸內法傳.
2015/2/8: NTI Reader used to help analyze and translate historic Chinese text for the Electronic Cultural Atlas Initiative Atlas of Maritime Buddhism.
2015/1/31: Update to sister site Chinese Notes to have a more modern look and be more compatible with the NTI Reader site.
2015/1/31: Update to word frequencies, incorporating over 10,000 words from the text of Record of Buddhistic Kingdoms 佛國記.
2014/12/31: Added a Chinese-English bilingual version of Record of Buddhistic Kingdoms 佛國記.
2014/12/31: Reorganized the Diamond Sūtra 金剛般若波羅蜜經 and related commentaries.
2014/12/24: Reorganized the Amitābha Sūtra 佛說阿彌陀經.
2014/12/24: Created a new text entry for the Sumati Sūtra Chinese-English Text 妙慧童女經<.
2014/12/14: Split the NTI Buddhist Text Reader (this site) of from chinesenotes.com.